The Guest Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of the Doorman, Bell, Shuttle, and Valet. In addition, he or she must be familiar with resort facilities and ensure that the team is also aware. The person in this position is responsible for ensuring that all pertinent tasks within the department are completed effectively.
- Performing duties associated with the following positions as needed: Bellman, Valet, Shuttle, and Doorman
- Completing duties such as associate work schedules, warnings, group charges for porterage, and group resumes
- Conducting interviews for vacant positions and communicating with human resources during the hiring process
- Training all new associates within the department and ensuring that the onboarding process is completed successfully
- Operating within the department to ensure guest satisfaction
- Facilitating the delivery of gifts, amenities, hotel memos, and group materials to guest rooms and conference areas
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times
- Addressing guests' needs and maintaining positive relationships in order to ensure guest satisfaction
- Utilizing Forbes standards during all in-person and phone communication
- Maintaining general cleanliness and appearance of the lobby area and designated bell areas
- Ensuring that guests' requests are addressed in a prompt and efficient manner
Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license required Previous supervisory experience required
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Ability to speak English fluently
- Ability to work varying shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to move, lift, carry, and/or pull objects up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time
Why work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin Woodlands Resort realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and the ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
Associate Referral Program
- Year-Round Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $125.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 30 days!
Receive a second reward of $125.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 90 days!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- X-PLAN FORD PRICING
- Verizon Wireless
- AT&T Wireless
- Sprint Wireless
- 84 Lumber
Keywords: Bellman, Guest Services, Bellman, Guest Services, Bellman, Guest Services, Bellman, Guest Services, Bellman, Guest Services, Bellman, Guest Services, Bellman, Guest Services, Bellman, Guest Services, Bellman, Guest Services