Position Title: Youth and Children Ministry Coordinator
Employment Status: Full Time
Salary: Mid 30K’s
The Youth and Children Ministry Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, planning, and implementing youth and children’s programming for K through 12th grade. You will coordinate and supervise all children’s, youth, and family ministries volunteers. You will also be responsible for implementing children, youth, and family activities throughout the year. You will create and maintain a safe, inviting, and dynamic atmosphere for learning and spiritual growth.
Core Responsibilities: (include, but not limited to)
- Oversight and development of the Youth and Children’s programs that guide and facilitate spiritual maturity, and deepen the relationship with Jesus Christ of our preadults.
- Select and implement the yearly Sunday school model and curriculum for youth and children
- Recruit and manage volunteers for youth, children’s, and family ministries programs.
- Organize, coordinate, and implement various events for youth, children, and families.
- Recruit, manage and empower a Family Education Ministry Team
- Hold informational meetings as necessary with parents to communicate about the youth and children’s ministry’s vision, programs, calendar, volunteer needs, parental concerns, etc.
- Develop and maintain a social media network with the youth and children’s parents.
- Support youth and children participation in the life of the church
- High school graduate required. College courses in areas of education and/or Christian studies preferred. Bachelors degree in Christian education a plus.
- Experience, training, or background in youth and child development desired.
- Demonstrates leadership, administrative, and interpersonal skills for working with children, youth, and adults.
- Possesses biblical knowledge and be a growing student of the Bible.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain rapport with children, youth, parents, staff, and congregation.
- Energized, organized, and a self-starter.
- Creative thinker able to implement strategies and activities leveraging the abilities of others.
- Digital/IT experience in various media preferred.
- Program and events experience preferred.
- Must have a passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ and its relation to youth, children, and families.
- Theological views compatible with Methodist tradition and practices.
- Exemplify Christian values, morals, and beliefs in all aspects of life.
A one-page resume and two letters of recommendation are required.
- Pick up an application at the Shiloh Church office OR
- Go online to www.shiloh-umc.org/our-staff and click “Apply Now” and complete the online form.
- Then, please email your one page resume, and two letters of recommendation to
email@example.com, OR drop off/mail to the Shiloh Church office.
Please mail to: Shiloh United Methodist Church
Attention: Paul Funkhouser, PPRC, Chair
210 South Main St., Shiloh, IL 62269