RIVERGROVE WATER DISTRICT
Senior Water Operator
POSITION: Under the general supervision of the General Manager, individuals in this classification:
- Manage and inspect District and developer construction projects and contracts
- Perform duties involving installation, operation and maintenance of District’s water system
- Accept responsibility as designated Direct Responsible Charge of the distribution system
- Act as District’s purchasing agent with vendors to procure materials, parts and supplies
- Point of contact when decisions relating to water quality/quantity may affect public health
- Interpret/apply District and Oregon Health Authority policies, laws, rules and regulations
- Determine chemical application and system flow characteristics by use of manual and computer applications; complete required water quality sampling
- Perform manual and computer functions, which includes chemical, mathematical and hydraulic calculations for chemical application, flow characteristics and ensure all required water quality sampling is completed
- Assist the District Manager with administrative and accounting duties as directed
- Promote effective customer and staff relations by pleasant and courteous exchanges
- Share monthly on-call duties with other District water operators
SALARY RANGE: $27.00 to 33.00 PER HOUR: Salary negotiated based on qualifications.
TO QUALIFY: Associate Degree in Water Environmental Technology, 6 years’ experience in management of water systems or any equivalent combination of education, experience & training that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform essential functions of position. Must possess Oregon Water Distribution 2 and Water Treatment 2 Certifications; valid Oregon driver’s license. Preference given to experience working in municipal/Government agency.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to skillfully communicate via public speaking and written documents, emails and letters. Must be able to operate Microsoft standard business software QuickBooks and CUSI billing system. Candidates recommended for hire must pass drug screen.
- 12 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of vacation on anniversary of hire in 0-3 years of employment
- 8 hours a month sick leave
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Full medical/vision, dental, and 3 supplemental health plans from Aflac
- 457 Pension – 12% of gross pay to a deferred compensation retirement plan after 180 days
TO APPLY: Send email to email@example.com or call 503-635-6041