Status: Full Time
Shift: Evenings rotating weekend
To maintain cleanliness and appearance of hospital by daily cleaning and supplying of patient rooms and areas, departments, lounges, lavatories, bathrooms, offices and other areas assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Environmental Services Department and in accordance with hospital objectives.Will use cleaning devices including small wringer, dusters, commercial vacuum cleaner, ladders and other necessary tools, products and supplies. Project cleaning of walls, lights, vents and changing of cubicle curtains. Daily vacuuming of carpet in corridors and other areas of unit, as well as spot removal of any stains. Monitoring and maintain chemicals.
Prefer Housekeeping Experience.
Must be able to demonstrate before hiring or after brief training the correct use of chemicals, supplies and tools assigned.
Must be able to work with others in a team effort.
Must be able to read and write or be able to show comprehension of situations in some form.
Must be neat, have a pleasant manner, be dependable, cooperative, tactful, and show interest in job.
Must be able to work any shift as assigned.
Must be able to write legibly, have very good vision, be able to measure cleaning chemicals, and able to do manual labor (mopping, sweeping, etc.)
1 .Perform cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using the prescribed method of the 7 step cleaning procedure:
2. Check Quat for proper efficacy daily using Hydrion Quat test paper.
3. Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and have repairs made when necessary.
4. Observe and report to immediate supervisor the need to repair equipment, furniture, chemical dispensers, building and fixtures.
5. In case of fire or internal disaster or community disaster, perform duties as assigned.
6. Completes assignments in scheduled shift. If tasks are not completed this must be reported to the supervisor before leaving the shift.
7. In case of fire or internal disaster or community disaster, perform duties as assigned.
8. Is familiar with and follows established infection control guidelines and all established hospital policies and procedures.
9. Communicates with supervisor regarding problems, accidents on job, needs and accomplishments.
10. Assists in cleaning of emergency spills observed or upon request.
11. Perform any other tasks, which may be assigned.
12. Follows North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Programs and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines. Follows the 4 C’s.
Additional Duties of Discharge Technician:
Additional Duties if Porter:
North Oaks Health SystemHammond, LA