Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” … You have just come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement ARE the job description. We’re looking for individuals who are committed to making an experience memorable, all while having fun and relishing in the incredible atmosphere of our Resort.
We are seeking to fill a key position in our Art department that leads art classes in a professional and instructional manner with a focus in creating a relaxed and supportive learning experience that is tailored to guests' artistic skill level. Oversees the inventory of supplies and guest beverages/snacks to align with the scheduling of daily/weekly art class activities. Ensures the Nemacolin Art Studio is maintained to high standards of cleanliness, safety, and that it reflects a professional and positive atmosphere for learning. Ensures the Nemacolin Art Studio is maintained to high standards of cleanliness, safety, and that it reflects a professional and positive atmosphere for learning. Instructs adult art classes and children art classes in a professional and engaging way.
- Provides instruction for specific art class offerings to corporate, group, or transient guests.
- Identifies meaningful and trending art classes to expand current art class offerings that will add value to the overall Nemacolin guest experience.
- Establishes professional rapport and positive interactions with various resort departments, examples include but are not limited to: Interacts with marketing to promote art studio activities Interacts with purchasing to order art supplies, as needed Interacts with reservations and experience desk to secure and process appointments Interacts with conferencing and catering to support corporate and/or group bookings Interacts with engineering and turf management to request maintenance of building or landscaping upkeep Maintains a clean, safe, cheerful and artistic studio environment including the scheduling of housekeeping if/when necessary.
- Gathers, tracks, and reports on art class guest attendance, cancellations, art class related expenses, and revenue generated.
- Additional administrative responsibilities include but are not limited to: With guidance from the Art Curator, recommends new art studio programing ideas for Nemacolin, and assists in expanding current art class offerings based on a profit-centric business model/matrix.
- May assist the Art Curator with facilitating the Hardy Family Art Collection (HFAC) group tours, to include providing back-up support in the Art Curator's absence.May assist with HFAC special projects. Examples may include providing assistance with establishing a Hardy family archive, assisting with art storage facility, other duties as assigned by the Art Curator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Art Education, Fine Art, Studio Arts, Graphic Design or equivalent strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with workshop, activity-based, and/or class syllabus planning, program instruction, and facilitation skills strongly preferred Hospitality industry experience strongly preferred
- Excellent demonstration of skill in art, drawing, painting to include demonstrated skill in artistic perspective and dimension Understanding and working knowledge of a wide-range of artistic mediums such as canvas painting, mosaics, textile, collage, digital design, photography, studio arts etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills aligned with the ability to establish a professional rapport with high end, premier resort guests, associates, peers, and executives;
- Ability to work independently as well as to achieve results through inter-departmental team work and collaboration;
- Strong organizational, time management, and administrative skills to include attention to detail, follow-up, and responsiveness;
- Leadership and team building skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills; including effective listening skills Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft and Power Point software necessary; social media platforms Understanding of resort IT systems such as HOST, HotSOS etc. experience preferred
*Nemacolin requires all Associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19*
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount.
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount.
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).