Status: Full Time
Shift: 10:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. every other weekend and on-call
Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge of State and Federal criminal codes. Restraining, handcuffing, crisis intervention prevention techniques, universal precautions, and PPE
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age to drive a North Oaks vehicle (for insurance purposes only)
Prefer (2) years previous experience in hospital security and/or law enforcement, or customer service experience.
1. Patrols indoors and outdoors to ensure that security standards are met and maintained.
2. Confronts unauthorized persons.
3. Adheres to and enforces hospital security, traffic, and parking policies and procedures.
4. Observes and reports unsafe conditions and any unusual conditions. Example: malfunctioning of air conditioning/heating, plumbing, or electrical systems.
5. Assists patients, visitors, and staff as directed.
6. Escorts personnel to and from vehicles upon request.
7. Escorts PEC and Psychiatric patients out to smoke upon request.
8. Can inspect unauthorized parcels coming into or leaving the hospital.
9. Sounds fire alarm if discovers fire, directs the Fire Department and hospital personnel in the event of fire and assists in extinguishing the fire.
10. Completes incident report using Security Incident Report form and any additional forms as necessary for all incidents. Incident reports to be filed in Security Director’s office.
11. Shows competency in applying correct and effective crisis prevention and intervention techniques, after completion of training class.
12. Shows competency in understanding distinctions between administrative and clinical seclusion and restraint.
13. Shows competency in varying interaction techniques based on age of patient.
14. Shows competency in performing BAT (Breath Alcohol Test) after completion of training class.
15. Shows competency in performing Urine Collection for drug testing after completion of training class.
16. Shows competency in performing “Morgue Access” and “Release of Bodies” according to training guidelines.
17. Shows competency in performing “Patient Valuables Collection” according to training guidelines.
18. Shows competency in performing After hours Courier Functions according to training guidelines.
19. Maintains radio communications in a professional manner
20. Maintains high visibility while on assigned post
21. Patrols all parking lots in hospital security vehicle looking for suspicious activity and responds to such activity as necessary. Reports unsafe vehicle conditions/concerns immediately.
22. Adheres to North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Programs and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines.
23. All other duties assigned.
24. Maintains a valid Louisiana driver’s license.
North Oaks Health SystemHammond, LA