Posted: August 14, 2019 2019-08-14T14:05:07.595441+00:00
Now Hiring: Bus Operators
The Summit Stage is hiring full-time, year-round Bus Operators with a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills!
Current CDL B with Passenger Endorsement preferred or ability to obtain one. Must have acceptable driving record and ability to successfully pass all pre-employment screenings.
These are only illustrations of the various types of work performed. Omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
1. Punches in at or before designated punch in times.
2. Does Zonar pre-trip, pre-relief and post trip as per Summit Stage policy.
3. Reports to the scheduled starting point at scheduled starting time and maintains a time schedule whenever possible.
4. Picks up and discharges at bus stops or stations, following prescribed service routes and safety rules. When being relieved cleans bus, picks up trash on the floor and dumps the trash can.
5. Announces stops per American with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines
6. Answers questions about routes and services and general information.
7. Helps passengers as needed, to get on and off the bus.
8. Reports emergency or imminent safety conditions to Dispatch via radio.
9. Ensure passenger safety in the event of an accident, vehicle break down or fire. Assist those needing assistance in evacuating a bus and securing the scene for safety.
10. As required, may prepare detailed written reports concerning accidents, breakdowns and mechanical defects.
11. Is in charge of the passengers, assisting as necessary, on the bus after an accident until relieved by dispatcher, law enforcement, paramedic or fire department.
12. Regular attendance is a requirement of this position.
13. Complies with all Federal, State and local laws.
14. Accepts and executes instruction/suggestions offered by trainers as well as supervisory personnel.
15. Comply with all policy and procedures of Summit Stage and the Stage Operator/Drivers manual.
16. Maintaining required certifications and licenses and immediately notifying Summit Stage management of any incident, situation, or other circumstance which could impact license status and ability to meet essential job requirements.
17. Maintains a current DOT physical and current CDL license with P-2 endorsement.
18. Observing, documenting, and reporting vehicle safety or other safety issues to appropriate individuals (mechanics, supervisor, operations manager, etc.).
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.