BL Construction Services, LLC is a large, Albany based, design-build construction company. We are seeking a Project Accountant to work with our team on large, project-based accounts. The Project Accountant will be an important interface between operations and accounting. This position will be responsible for organizing and processing all on-going accounting activities associated with a construction project and has potential for advancement.
- Review and process subcontract and vendor information
- Collect and review subcontractor/vendor payment applications, invoices & change orders ensuring information is accurate and coded properly.
- Coordinate proper approvals
- Establish budgets and monitor subsequent costs incurred.
- Prepare payments and determine all applicable supporting documentation has been obtained.
- Prepare financial reports and review for accuracy, identifying potential concerns
- Assist project management team in coordination of all project related accounting and administrative requirements.
- Work with project management team to update and reconcile job related reports
- Prepare invoices and requisitions to customers.
- Assist project management team in ensuring all relevant project documentation is prepared, available and delivered to project stakeholders.
- Assist project management team with procurement and award of trade contracts
- Take responsibility for overall organization and maintenance of project records and documentation.
- Ensure all records are maintained in a professional manner and act as a liaison for project audits at the direction of the project management team.
- Ability to prioritize competing work demands.
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required, experience with Sage (Timberline) / Procore preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- 1-2 years of related experience.
A generous benefit package including health, dental, life, pension and 401k is available. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to: BBL Construction Services, Reference: Project Accountant, PO Box 12789, Albany, NY 12212 or email your resume to email@example.com E.O.E