APC is the world leader in protein manufacturing and currently has the following job opportunities open at the Sublette, KS location:
APC offers day or night 12 hour shifts, with starting wages ranging from $15.50 to $17.00 an hour, an excellent benefits package that includes $1.00 per hour night shift premium, health/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, 401,000, flex spending, paid time-off, holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Successful completion of a pre-employment physical and drug test required.
Education: High School Diploma or general educational development certificate required.
Experience: Previous work experience in agriculture, production, or manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to prepare and operate all machinery.
- General knowledge of production/manufacturing methods.
- Ability to read gauges and record data in a legible manner and in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to learn to handle inedible protein materials in accordance with established sanitary procedures and practices.
- Ability to understand and follow established work procedures, including mandated sanitary and safety guidelines.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to operate forklift/pallet jack.
- Ability to work varying work schedules.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form.
- Ability to interpret and work from oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to move freely throughout plant with sustained physical/mental effort to climb, sample and clean equipment and work areas.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods.
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunction and situations as they arise, notifying appropriate staff of problems beyond scope of normality.
- Ability to cooperate with all staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work daily and overtime as necessary.
- Ability to assist in all work areas.
APC is an equal opportunity employer.