Job DetailsJob Location Centralia Branch - Centralia, WAPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level High SchoolJob Shift DayDescription
Location: 3509 Galvin Road, Centralia, WA 98531
Hours: Monday – Friday, Day Shift
Reports to: Director of Operations
Expectation: Full-time, additional hours as needed
Rogers Machinery Company is a leading manufacturer of industrial air compressors, vacuum pumps, blowers, and air systems. We are seeking an Industrial Procurement Manager in Centralia reporting to the Director of Operations. This individual will be responsible for the Procurement Program in the Centralia Branch of Rogers Machinery Co., Inc.
This position requires an individual with a strong management background in team building and coaching, standardization of Procurement management processes. Must be detail-oriented, a quick learner, a team player, flexible in job assignments and exceptionally dependable. The ability to maintain and grow the Rogers first-in-class quality reputation is a must. This individual will be tasked with researching best prices, vendor negotiations, adjust inventory levels and buying practices in response to demand, materials traffic, and warehouse administration.
Responsibilities for Procurements Manager
- Maintains optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements
- Responsible for continuing programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, continuity, and delivery
- Use process (BVOA) to analyze current vendors.
- Establishes procedures and supervises the physical inventory
- Supervise, evaluate, and coach staff members
- Interfaces with the Sales and Operations teams to plan and forecast customer orders to meet demands
- Coach team to manage relationships and negotiations with suppliers to purchase materials that meet specifications, delivery requirements and supply intervals.
- Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all procurement department functions
- Use Lean manufacturing practices for material traffic setup and flow, internal and external to facility.
Qualifications for Procurements Manager
- 5+ years' experience in logistics role or related experience
- 3+ years in management role or related experience.
- Ability to lead and coach team members
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service-oriented
- Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
- Knowledgeable of forecasting and budgeting
- Ability to solve problems swiftly
- Working knowledge of ERP
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Lean/Six Sigma experience in real world application.