Status: Full Time
Shift: Monday -Friday 9-6
Provides best-in-class customer service, has empathy and compassion, responds to patient complaints and concerns while remaining focused on providing a positive patient experience. Obtains payments and/or recommends disposition of hospital/professional accounts. Maintains effective follow up and collection activities on assigned accounts. Provides prompt and courteous service to inquiries from patients or insurers.
High school graduate or equivalent is required.
Up to two years of customer service, problem resolution and telecommunication experience. Hospital billing experience preferred. Working knowledge of billing and reimbursement policies of third party payors.
Data entry and computer skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
General math skills
1. Accurately add/delete insurance information, demographic information, etc. as needed or requested
2. Respond timely, accurately, and courteously to patient, insurance company or other party’s requests for information or medical records.
3. Interface with other departments such as Insurance Verification, Physician’s Offices, etc., as needed.
4. Continuously stay abreast of new billing, collecting and coding regulations, as well as federal and state regulations, by utilizing appropriate materials, Internet resources, seminars, conferences and/or other resources available.
5. Maintain confidentiality.
6. Attend in-services and meetings as required.
7. Perform other duties as required.
8. Follows North Oaks Health System’s Compliance programs and all Federal and State regulatory guidelines.
9. Assist all patients, family members, physicians, visitors, and employees in a friendly manner.
10. Acts professionally always. Responds to all inquiries promptly and courteously.
11. When taking a message, accurately obtains all information, including name of caller, date and time of day, and nature on-call.
12. Resolve assigned self-pay accounts following departmental guidelines
13. Assist patients with establishing payment plans
14. Review EOBs and remittances to understand patient billing questions and complaints
15. Notify supervisor of all complaints or major issues that arise in working accounts
16. Document actions clearly
17. Follow up on patient accounts in a timely manner regarding insurance and/or patient18. Coordinate with Refund Specialist to resolve any credit balance accounts
SELF PAY COLLECTIONS:
19. Resolve assigned self-pay accounts following departmental guidelines
20. Identify and refer accounts that should be placed in bad debt
21. Contact patients to discuss account issues or missing payment deadlines
22. Assist patients with establishing payment plans
23. Review EOBs and remittances to understand patient billing questions and complaints
24. Work with Follow-Up Specialists to appeal insurance claims not paid correctly or denied for various reasons
25. Notify supervisor of all complaints or major issues that arise in working accounts
26. Document actions clearly
27. Follow up on patient accounts in a timely manner regarding insurance and/or patient
28. Refer accounts to appropriate outside agencies through the agency representative, and refer all agency and attorney inquiries to the agency representative.
North Oaks Health SystemHammond, LA