September 15, 2019
Lexington Home Brands, a global manufacturer, and marketer of home furnishings, and a recognized leader in innovative design, lifestyle merchandising, and aspirational marketing has an immediate job opening for a full-time Plant Engineer – Upholstery at its Upholstery Operations in Hildebran, NC.
- Setting up new and maintaining current labor rating standards for both incentive and hourly labor functions throughout plant operations.
- Auditing of payroll periodically to fact check labor additives not in the incentive standards being manually handled on the floor to be acceptable.
- Conduct proper time studies to verify labor standards are accurate and attainable based upon work content.
- Working with final BOM Set ups and maintaining them in the system. Identifying correct labor and materials for the item being produced. Correcting inaccuracies.
- Work with the Product Development Department in obtaining the necessary information needed for new product BOM development. Provide timely new product market BOM's for accurate costing to be completed.
- Work with Plant Management Staff to maintain a high level of departmental processing efficiencies for maximum product throughput. Identifying bottlenecks and clearing them.
- DevelopPlant efficiency metrics and communicate those results to Plant Management as needed.
- Provide engineering solutions for products through creative design and by applying up-to-date design solutions, techniques, methods, and technology.
- Working with Product Development Manager to engineer (draw) new frame constructions for internal frame manufacturing as well as local or overseas sourcing for the Indoor and Outdoor product lines.
- Maintaining these detail files on an on-premise data server and collaborating on any updating with Corporate Engineering and Asia Operations team.
- Produce and manage engineering related documentation (e.g. photos, CAD drawings, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in Furniture Design, Industrial Design, Engineering, or technical related field; or five to seven (5-7) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong, current experience in MS Office, SolidWorks-3D, AutoCAD or equivalent.
- Familiarity with CNC router capabilities, other types of machining operations, and assembly techniques as they apply to upholstered frame design and engineering.
- Previous exposure to the furniture industry and any ERP type system a plus
- Strong organizational skills to ensure each project is completed on time and within budget
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task well; ability to work independently and with other functional areas; attention to detail
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, be pro-active, and follow-through on work assigned by organizing, prioritizing and staying on task
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a variety of organizational users outside of the product development area and in a multitude of settings; face-to-face, phone, and email
- Displays a positive attitude, strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 5 years (Required)
This job is no longer available.