Who we are: Founded in Boston in 1933, M.S. Walker is a 5th-generation, family-owned wine and spirits importer and distributor, a spirits bottler, and a national supplier. We serve On-Premise and Off-Premise establishments throughout the Northeast, with direct operations in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island and brokerage operations in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. We represent a budding portfolio of wine and spirits nationwide, including our own brands, and we strive to offer the most prestigious portfolio in the industry. M.S. Walker has built our foundation and future on our people – our employees are truly our greatest asset. Our company boasts a diverse pool of exceptionally special team members who each bring their unique skills and experience to the organization.
What we are looking for: M.S. Walker has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift Transportation Supervisor.
Responsibilities include setting up delivery routes in a cost-effective manner while providing customer service with on-
date and on-time arrivals. Additionally, managing and directing delivery drivers upon their return to the warehouse.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- To setup routes using TMS Roadnet for next day delivery
- To maintain the customer base in the TMS and ERP systems
- To supervise all union and casual helpers while On Duty (as being on Company Premises).
- To properly document all actions of union employees including, but not limited to: absences, lateness, violations of Company and contractual rules and regulations.
- To supervise the accurate check-in on all Company trucks and products upon return from route.
- To reconcile driver delivery manifest daily
- To utilize WMS (high jump) to return product into inventory
- To communicate and relay vital Company operational information to supervisors, fellow supervisors and to the supervisor who is relieving you, in writing and/or verbally.
- Provide customer service in a polite and efficient manner to customers and salespeople inquiring about orders over the telephone and/or in person.
- Supervise and make delivery decisions by phone with union drivers while they are on their routes.
- Report all delivery problems by logging them on daily driver phone-in for authorization report.
- Monitor driver performance and report to supervisors.
- To call truck lease company to arrange for the servicing of regular trucks from fleet, relaying this information to your supervisor by documentation.
- To call truck lease company to arrange for rental and return of extra rental trucks depending on demand, relaying this information to your supervisor by proper documentation.
- To make sure all Company property, products, load bars, locks, etc. are removed from trucks (regular and rentals) before they go truck lease company for service or return.
- To monitor that all operations are conducted following Company safety procedures and that the safety of the workers that you are responsible for is of paramount importance – will not condone or overlook unsafe work practices.
- To do daily warehouse checks (at the beginning and end of the shift) to make sure all breakage and garbage is cleaned before your shift is relieved.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are: The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities in order to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years’ minimum experience in delivery routing
- DOT experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
Functions necessary to complete the above listed requirements of job description:
Computation Skills: Frequently
Lift/Carry 0-55 lbs: Occasionally
Reach Overhead: Occasionally
Use of Computer: Occasionally
Occasionally = 0-2 Hours Daily
Frequently = 3-5 Hours Daily
Continuously = 6-10 Hours Daily
Benefits: We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Flexible spending options
- Disability & Life Insurance packages
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Wellness programs and discount fitness memberships
- Employee Assistance Program