TPPA COORDINATOR - FULL-TIME
Plan and coordinate activities for teen pregnancy prevention and education in Polk County.
- Able to communicate effectively (written, verbal, and public speaking communication skills)
- Strong management, organization, and community building experience
- Experience with teaching youth / teens
- Able to work with diverse groups and philosophies related to adolescent pregnancy prevention.
- Understands group dynamics and facilitates positive interaction among diverse groups
- Able to design and coordinate youth led activities
- Able to collect and analyze data
- Knowledge of technology skills to include the use of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher) or some similar software, and standard office equipment
- Discretion and judgment required in order to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Serve as an educational and programmatic advocate and resource an adolescent pregnancy prevention and making healthy choices
- Coordinate the development, implementation and periodic evaluation of a Teen Pregnancy Prevention Alliance
- Work with funders to implement selected curricula and/or activities in the Tri-County area, i.e., FDOH - Polk initiatives, and TOP classes in residential foster homes, etc.
- Plan and coordinate community meetings, trainings, and activities of the TPPA.
- Prepare, monitor and submit program budgets and ensure compliance with contract requirements. Prepare all required reports and maintain appropriate records.
- Ability to work independently in local office or in the field
- Ability to travel throughout Polk County within night and weekend hours
Degree & Certification Requirements:
- Associates Degree or two-years experience working with youth required; Bachelor's preferred in Human Relations, Health Field or Administration
- Must have minimum of four years in health care, education or human services
- Teen Outreach Program (TOP) certification (or willing to obtain; paid by the Coalition)
Knowledge & Training Experience:
- Training In Human Sexuality Education
- Knowledge about adolescence, adolescent sexuality, and childbearing
- Knowledge of public relations and community resources
Must have and/or eligible to:
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver's license
- Auto insurance
- Pass a level 2 background and drug test
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
Pay Range: $40,000 annually (negotiable based on educ. & exp.) with the following benefits:
- Discretionary Pay ($7,200 annually)
- Paid Time Off (begin accruing after 90-day probation)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan (6%)
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Administrative Day (1 annually)
- Mileage Reimbursement
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Initial interviews will be conducted via Zoom with final interviews in person.