The News & Advance is seeking a visual journalist equally adept and productive on print and digital platforms.
This talented photojournalist will be able toconsistently create effective, visually compelling photographs and video from a variety of situations. He or she must be able to provide accurate caption and other written information for photos and videos. The ability to write the occasional news story is a plus.
Lynchburg is in a scenic, first-rate news region that includes the Liberty University and is in a region with a stable economy and a high quality of life. Lakes, streams and hiking galore await those who enjoy the outdoors, and nearby wide open spaces reflect a Charlottesville flair as well.
Essential functions include:
- Produce photographs and video that meet the The News & Advance quality standards, including technical quality, color correction, visual interest, news value, story-telling content and journalistic integrity.
- Provide multiple compelling images for each assignment. Provide enough images for galleries for most assignments.
- Provide complete and accurate photo captions .
- Be responsible for the planning and timely submission of all assignments; meet deadlines.
- Be able to edit and transmit quickly from remote locations. Use smartphones and other tools when necessary to report on breaking news
- Generate story ideas and daily enterprise.
- Monitor email, news sources and social media to keep abreast of news.
- Understand and use social media effectively, including Twitter and Facebook.
- Treat all company equipment responsibly.
- Communicate effectively with editors and other colleagues.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays and PTO. We are an equal opportunity employer. You can see our Web site and learn more about our company at www.lee.net .
Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio with multimedia examples. Digital portfolios are accepted.
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net .
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
This job is no longer available.
Lee Enterprises Inc
Apply for Photographer/Videographer - News - Local News at Lee Enterprises Inc
All fields are required unless specified optional
By clicking on the submit button, I agree to the
and acknowledge I have read the
and agree to receive email job alerts. The information you provide will be
shared with this employer. You may be contacted from time to time regarding
other opportunities that become available.