Category(s): Administrative Support, Call Center
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
One to three paragraphs describing job function. In addition to job qualifications this will be used for posting. This section should include tie to line of sight and employee engagement – how this job relates to our vision and mission. (Do not use bulleted text.)
The Contact Center Manager provides proactive leadership in a fast-paced, high-visibility call center environment. The position requires the ability to strategically coordinate between internal and external stakeholders, physicians, leaders and call center staff. This position is responsible for planning, organizing and managing operational and strategic services provided by the department to support designated servicelines regionally.The position includes engagement in planning and the development of departmental budget. Additional administrative activities that require effective interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.The individual must identify opportunities for improved performance, and initiate appropriate staff developmental plans. Provides leadership to achieve a satisfied and competent employee work environment. Conducts annual reviews of staff performance, and initiate Career Ladder promotions as warranted. This individual is a liaison between department and outside communities regionally. The individual serves as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department and designs, implements and measures internally developed learning solutions.This individual works cohesively with departmental management to ensures that the department consistently achieves desired outcomes, including high degree of patient and physician satisfaction. Pocesses the ability to implements change, demonstrating the ability to motivate and direct employees with productive follow through.
Adheres to system and department compliance policies, and any and all applicable laws and regulations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Expansion of the summary description. Specific job related responsibilities that will be used to measure performance. Please check which job responsibilities are “Essential Functions” as defined by the Americans With Disability Act. View ADA Requirements
1. Directs, delegates and oversees workforce efforts as appropriate to ensure the highest quality and best possible delivery of service. Hires, coaches, develops, reviews, disciplines and terminates staff as necessary.
2. Develop and maintain product-line/service specific policies and procedures. Act as Contact Center liaison between assigned services and their external customers. Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure customer expectations for access to services are met.
3. Develop and monitor collaborative service area agreements regionally. Establish periodic and ad hoc reports to communicate key indicators of performance. Monitors and develops department budget as assigned to ensure compliance with fiscal constrictions.
4. Consistently monitors utilization and aligns with practice partners to optimize the ability to care for our community. Participates in leadership meetings and committees to ensure patient satisfaction consistently meets or exceeds organizational goals.
5. Ensure information systems meet business needs. Make recommendations for enhancements. Identify and appropriately report any system performance issues. Provide agreed-upon levels of support to IS to assist with system implementations, upgrades, etc.
6. Develop and monitor ongoing quality assurance indicators. Identify opportunities for improvement and work with departmental management team to develop operational and technology changes to improve quality, efficiency, increase employee or customer satisfaction.
7. Monitor changes to regulatory requirements to ensure business processes comply with federal, state, payor and regulatory agencies requirements (JCAHO, HIPAA, CMS, etc.).
8. Collaborate with Contact Center Management Team in support of departmental initiatives and goals. Collaborate with Management team to recommend/develop departmental wide policies and procedures. As needed, provides coverage for other product line/services in absence of assigned manager. Collaborate with Management team to develop and implement initiatives to ensure employee satisfaction.
9. Independently manage implementations for assigned product lines. Collaborate on work teams assigned to implement technology, process or policy changes within the department, within various work units, or throughout the Health System.
10. Function as content expert for assigned product lines. Provide consultative service to our internal customers. By request of specific service, analyze existing operational processes and systems, and recommend process or system changes to improve outcomes. Act as Contact Center liaison when serving on various divisional, facility and health system committee
Unless otherwise required by certification, licensure, or registration, an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the minimally required education and/or experience listed in the Qualifications section below.
Minimally Required Education:
Bachelor's degree or minimum of five years experience in a healthcare capacity with three years experience in healthcare management
Minimally Required Experience:
Customer account management experience. Project management experience. Experience with improvement of quality indicators (customer surveys, ACD statistics, call monitoring, etc.). Excellent oral and written communication skills. Minimum of three years management or job coaching experience, preferably in a customer service environment.
Minimum of 5 yrs. in a customer service environment, preferably healthcare or call center. Demonstrated experience in a team-oriented, fast-paced, multi-priority setting with an emphasis on problem solving and team building skills.
Microsoft Office Suite of Applications. Scheduling systems. Financial systems.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Business Administration/Management (Required), Master of Business Admin
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Baystate HealthSpringfield, MA