At IDx, we believe that automation has the potential to transform the quality, accessibility, and affordability of medical diagnosis. IDx is expanding its team to launch the first autonomous AI diagnostic system cleared by the FDA for use in the front-lines of healthcare.
IDx employees share in the returns of the commercial success they drive. IDx offers a fair salary and benefits package, augmented with an equity stake in the company. We are a private company with substantial funding and a deep product pipeline. Your work will be instrumental in driving IDx’s long-term value.
What We Are Looking For:
The Lead UX Designer will lead high-level user experience design, user interface design and high level front-end development of the various software applications that comprise our medical devices. They will assist in providing development priorities, strategy, and timelines to coordinate project execution and delivery from a design perspective. The candidate must be able to:
- Advocate for simplicity within our product and service designs.
- Create seamless experiences within and between products, projects and services.
- Distill product / project and business requirements and user goals into sketches, wire frames and prototypes.
- Iteratively produce low-fidelity interaction concept designs (including navigation and content design), as well as mid- and / or hi-fidelity interaction detailed designs.
- Follow company specific and common web standards to produce high quality, very usable experiences within web applications and sites.
- Review design iterations with project / product team (s) and stakeholders.
- Provide UX / heuristic / expert reviews of existing or newly produced systems.
- Annotate expected design behaviors, features and requirements.
- Respond to developer inquiries and provide clarity around standards and designs.
- Stay current with web design trends, tools and best or emerging practices.
- Interview, observe and analyze primary and / or secondary users.
- Design for responsive layouts.
- Test user’s ability to use and understand navigation, information architecture and key areas in designs.
- Design within a hybrid agile / iterative development process.
- Mentor less-seasoned designers and developers.
- Learn how to work in a medical device development environment requiring exceptional attention to detail, as our company is bounded by government regulation.
- Is self-motivated, able to work independently and can manage multiple projects under minimal supervision.
- Attained BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, media, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Worked 5 plus years inside a user experience interaction designer role or equivalent.
- Created and edited within Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch, OmniGraffle, or similar prototyping applications.
- Demonstrated design and problem-solving abilities communicated via a design portfolio and work samples.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Applicants must not now or in the future need IDx to sponsor an immigration case for employment (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration cases).
What will help you in this role:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft development tools, specifically Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
- Knowledge of or interest in UI design in the medical device software development industry.
- Experience working in an ISO- or FDA-regulated environment, or another highly regulated environment (FAA, etc.)
The rigors and challenges of work at IDx are not for everyone, but the team here has some amazing opportunities to:
- Work with world-renowned doctors who are pushing the limits of machine learning in medicine.
- Tackle complex problems/projects with the highest levels of quality and execution for audiences that include top technologists, the FDA, and world-leading healthcare providers.
- Push the accessibility and quality of healthcare to new heights to improve the lives of millions of people.
Some of the technologies we’re working with:
- Microsoft Visual Studio with MSDN and Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- React / Typescript.
- C# / Ninject / NSubstitute / NCrunch / Nlog.
- Windows Server with IIS webservices based on ASP.NET Web API .
- Several open source libraries to which we have contributed when appropriate.