The Dishwasher/Steward performs the cleaning and sanitation of all kitchen utensils, cookware, dishes, glasses, silverware and serving dishes used in the preparation and serving of food. This position safely operates dish machines, disposals and other kitchen equipment. Stewards maintain cleanliness of kitchen floors and stewarding work areas, empty garbage in all kitchens and dispose into outside dumpsters, and sweep and maintain cleanliness of dumpster area. The position also cleans and polishes all silver items on a regular basis according to department guidelines and provides safe and proper storage of all such items.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean and sanitize all kitchen utensils, cookware, dishes, glasses, silverware and serving dishes used in the preparation and serving of food.
- Retrieve all dirty dishes and utensils from servers and carts
- Scrape leftover food into garbage receptacles
- Sort all dishes, utensils, serving dishes, glasses and rinse
- Stack rinsed items into dish racks according to guidelines
- Run dishes through dish machine. Check items for cleanliness. If dirty, send again through machine. If clean, sort and stack in proper racks/bins, according to department guidelines.
- Wipe down all stewarding counter tops
- Mop floor, dump garbage
- Pots, pans, large cookware items are hand washed, rinsed and stored on a continual basis as items are used
- Tilt Skillets are drained and washed on a continual basis as needed.
- Utilize proper storage bins to transport all items to be stored to stewarding room.
- Store all items according to department guidelines
- Secure storeroom according to department guidelines
- After function, retrieve dishes, utensils, serving dishes and left-over food and return to stewarding department for proper disposition.
- Clean stewarding truck after each use according to department guidelines.
- Empty garbage in all kitchens
- Survey kitchens for full garbage or respond to request to empty garbage
- Transport garbage to outside dumpster area and dispose of garbage, and sweep and maintain cleanliness of outside dumpster area.
- Clean and polish all silver items on regular basis and provide for the safe and proper storage of all such items.
- Clean food warmers on regular basis according to department guidelines.
- Cleanliness of service-ware
- Amount of breakage
- Cleanliness of the kitchen by maintaining a clean, safe working environment for all associates
- Level of sanitation
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Report to work on time with a clean uniform, name tag, and maintain appearance according to Nemacolin’s Policies and Standards.
- Must be flexible in scheduling; must be able to work holidays, nights and weekends.
- Must be task and detail oriented, energetic, able to follow specific direction and meet high physical demands.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work as a team member.
- Anticipate needs of other departments and act on them.
- Be flexible to meet changing and/or multiple demands while staying calm under stress.
- Be friendly, eager to learn and understand the importance of doing a good job.
- Must be able to speak English.
Nemacolin requires all Associates to be vaccinated for COVID-19
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
Associate Referral Program
- $1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).