RESPONSIBILITIES NSA Overview
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from getting access to sensitive classified national security information. Managers at NSA, where people are a priority, are responsible for leveraging the diversity of their work force to create innovative solutions that support the Agency's missions.
Description of Position
As an Applied Social Scientist focusing on pre-employment or learning and development assessments, you will work with other industrial/organizational (I/O) psychologists, strategic consultants, data scientists, and human capital professionals to build and implement assessments and tools supporting hiring and employee development strategies at NSA. Using social science research methods to enhance the way we carry out our mission, you will:
- Lead and conduct projects developing, validating, revising, and implementing pre-employment assessments (e.g., CAT assessments structured interviews, cognitive and non-cognitive measures, and knowledge tests, work samples, and simulations);
- Contribute to the design and execution of job analysis studies;
- Conduct data-informed organizational consultations;
- Conduct EEO analyses for selection and promotion decisions;
- Create dynamic, user-friendly visualizations of data;
- Lead or contribute to improvements related to organizational development and talent development;
- Conduct research and create processes for evaluating and improving the effectiveness of talent management and development initiatives;
- Perform workforce analyses that describe current states, predict future trends, and/or inform business decisions; and
In positions across the Agency, Applied Social Scientists:
- Collaborate with team members across the organization and develop strategic partnerships throughout the Agency to help achieve organizational goals
- Contribute to the conceptualization, design, analysis, and presentation of applied research (applying appropriate quantitative and qualitative research techniques, data collection strategies, data analysis methods) to inform technical and leadership decisions
- Keep abreast of best practices and new research in I/O, talent management, learning, and development and related fields
- Synthesize complex findings and detailed research into executive summaries and presentations intended for managerial decisions and/or publication
- Provide high quality customer service to clients through superior technical work and consultative skills, as well as effective project management and communication
- Write detailed technical reports supporting the use and interpretation of pre-employment test scores
- Design assessments that create a positive candidate experience;
- Manage data sets and perform statistical analyses (e.g., correlation, regression, IRT, latent variable modeling, scaling, equating)
- Leverage relevant tools such as MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and statistical software (e.g., R)
- Present findings to technical and non-technical audiences SKILLS The ideal candidate will possess experience in personnel selection and assessment, job analysis, or training/program evaluation, and demonstrate exceptional skills in the areas of consulting, problem solving, data analysis, report writing, and client/project management skills. Attention to detail, self-motivation, flexibility, and resilience are critical and data visualization skills are a plus.
This position requires a balance of research, consulting, and thought leadership in supporting NSA's talent management strategy. You will work with diverse teams and stakeholders to develop, validate, and implement pre-employment assessments or learning, and development initiatives. Successful candidates will have experience in psychometrics, research methodology, selection assessment, or training/program evaluation, consulting, validation approaches, data analysis, and effective communication. POSITION SUMMARY NSA has numerous excellent opportunities in many different HR disciplines. Opportunities exist in HR Research, HR Program Management, HR Policy, Recruiting and many more. HOW TO APPLY To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from email@example.com.
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. DCIPS Disclaimer The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
This job is no longer available.
National Security Agency
Fort Meade, MD
Apply for Applied Social Scientist - Mid/Expert Level at National Security Agency
By clicking on the submit button, I agree to the
and acknowledge I have read the
and agree to receive email job alerts. The information you provide will be
shared with this employer. You may be contacted from time to time regarding
other opportunities that become available.