Information Technology (IT)
Position: Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Architect
Summary of Position:
The DW/BI architect will be responsible for design, development, implementation and support of the reporting infrastructure for Bernhardt Furniture. The resource will interact with key leads from all divisions and departments to understand their needs and will work with the internal IT team for the design and build of the solutions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage BI Solutions throughout the project lifecycle
- Design and implement a data warehouse
- Design and implement data models from dimensional data models in relational databases
- Database development on Microsoft SQL platform
- Work with end-users and LOB managers to understand reporting requirements
- Ability to understand and document data flows in and between the different systems/applications
- Ability to map data from a data source to target tables in the data warehouse
- Develop functional/technical specs to define reporting requirement, where existing data resides, and the process for ETL and data consumption
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
- A post-graduate level degree is preferred.
- Previous experience is a plus but willing to train the right candidate that has the base knowledge and drive to be successful.
Specific Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of SQL and can demonstrate the ability to apply SQL creatively to business requirements.
- Expert level in Excel, SSRS, and Microsoft SQL
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong data analytics skills
Organizational Relationships / Management Role:
- No management responsibility.
- Reports directly to the IT Solutions Manager. Works closely with the Business Analyst, entire IT team, and other critical business leads for all departments and divisions.
Bernhardt offers excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with prior experience.