Closing Date: Until Filled Position
Title: Veterinary Science Veterinarian/Instructor
Location: Sitting Bull College
Salary: Faculty, Doctorate Level (Exempt) ($46,900 to $58,900)
Supervision: Dean of Academics
Summary of Work: Sitting Bull College is seeking a dynamic veterinarian to provide instruction and oversight of veterinary responsibilities for its new Veterinary Science Associate of Applied Science degree program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Instruction of students in the field of large animal and small animal medicine and surgery
2. Provide clinical and didactic instruction to vet tech students on the care and use of animals.
3. Responsible for providing veterinary clinical care and support for animal teaching activities.
4. Assists the Veterinary Technician Program Director in ensuring that all veterinary clinical standards of care, laws, regulations, and guidelines related to animal care and use and biosafety/biosecurity are met.
5. Provides training on animal handling and animal biosafety level practices and procedures as required.
6. Maintain animal care documents and other records in a manner ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations
7. Establish and implement effective quality control systems for animal husbandry practices; revise techniques and procedures as required to obtain optimal standards; assist in SOP and policy development.
8. Provide clinical and didactic instruction to vet tech students on the care and use of animals.
9. Update and maintain curriculum in vet technology to meet accreditation standards;
10. Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients, and visitors,
11. Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required;
12. Serve on college committees as appointed.
13. Remain current in the field of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Technician and/or Veterinary Technician Education through a variety of professional activities.
14. Perform other essential job functions as assigned by the Dean of Academics.
1. DVM from an AVMA accredited College of Veterinary Medicine
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience as a veterinarian.
3. Experience with large and small animal species.
4. Active/current state veterinary license.
5. Teaching experience preferred.
6. Knowledge of the Certified Veterinary Technician's role in the veterinary profession.
7. Experience working with Certified Veterinary Technicians in a clinical, research, and/or academic setting preferred.
8. Knowledgeable and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA EEO M F B Employer
Sitting Bull CollegeFort Yates, ND