Shank Waste Service, Inc. is seeking qualified Class A or B CDL drivers to work predetermined waste collection routes. Each driver works a local route and is home every night. A $2,000 Student Assistance Program is available to qualified applicants (terms and conditions apply).
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle.
- Safely drive and operate a commercial motor vehicle (garbage truck) according to the work rules while also abiding by all local, state, and federal laws.
- Haul, lift, and load items and materials into the truck.
- Drive to the disposal facility and dispose of the load.
- Maintain a courteous and cordial manner with all customers encountered on the route.
- Must possess a Class A or Class B CDL.
- Must pass a DOT medical exam and drug screen.
- Must keep both CDL and DOT medical card in good standing.
- Subject to yearly MVRs.
- Must pass a road test as part of the hiring process.
- Employees must provide their own safety-approved work boots.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend/twist, lift/carry required.
- The ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs. is required.
- This job is performed in and out of the truck. Employees are subject to weather elements daily; i.e. heat, sun, rain, snow, wind, etc.
Shank Waste Service, Inc.Lower Burrell, PA