Staff Accountant – Level I - FT
The Staff Accountant Level I, for Sun City Summerlin Community Association Inc. must
have 3+ years of accounting background with the education and experience necessary to fulfill a
wide range of accounting tasks in a timely and accurate manner. This position will assist the
Accounting Department with financial and accounting matters relating to SCSCAI, along with
performing administrative duties to assist with various SCSCAI committee matters.
Description of Duties:
• Daily bank deposits.
• Daily recording and reconciliation of Program and Arts activity.
• Payroll processing.
• Assist in recording payroll activity and reporting.
• Assist with maintaining and updating fixed assets along with depreciation on a monthly
• Assist with the preparation of month-end closing journal entries, reconciliations and
• Serve as a backup for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
• Assist with the preparation of documents as requested by our independent auditors.
• Assist with compiling accounting information to be used by the insurance agency in
aquiring annual bids.
• Handle the preparation of agendas and comilation of minutes for committee meetings as
the designated recording secretary for the accounting department.
• Ensure excellent customer service to the Association residents.
• Additional duties relevant to this position and as assigned by the Senior Accounting Analyst
and/or the Executive Director.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experienced in utilizing Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP).
• Basic understanding of fund accounting.
• Advanced accounting skills, including but not limited to a strong understanding of the
general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
• Working knowledge of banking.
• Advanced knowledge in EXCEL (test required) which includes the ability to develop and
utilize pivot tables and the ability to work with complex spreadsheets interlinked by
• Intermediate knowledge on other Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Knowledge of Paylocity, Jonas (or similar integrated accounting software), EzLinks and
Sage Fixed Asset software are a plus.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines with minimal oversight.
• Problem solving and analytical skills with minimal oversight.
• Ability to work autonomously, within the limits of the job scope.
• Ability to use machines and equipment typically found in today’s office environment.
• Ability to work across many departments with staff that have varying levels of accounting
knowledge to solve problems and achieve results.
• Motivated to perform all task efficently and with accuracy.
• Ability to give and receive written, oral and visual instruction and communication.
• Ability to enforce and apply safe work practices.
• Good decision making skills with judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
• Associates degree in Accounting/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Three plus years relevant accounting work experience-HOA experience a plus.
• Valid Driver’s License to operate any company vehicle (and minimum state required auto
insurance on personal vehicle).
• Working knowledge of GAAP.
• Working knowledge of Federal and Nevada State tax laws.
• Working knowledge of Clark County Personal Property and Real Estate taxes.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Physical Demands: Walking, sitting, bending and standing for prolonged periods. Lifting up
to 35 pounds. Sufficient strength and stamina to ensure a productive work environment.
• Work Environment: Risks and discomfort typical of an office/meeting environment with
exposure to hot or cold temperatures and light noise exposure. Requires performing job functions
in compliance with all SCSCAI policies including applying all SCSCAI safety and procedures.
Deadline: until filled
Salary: Commensurate w/experience FT non-exempt position includes an excellent benefits
Include Cover Letter stating interest and salary history, Resume and 3 Professional
References. Include completed application for employment:
E-mail to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: (702) 360-0428
Mail or hand deliver in person (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:00 pm) to:
Sun City Summerlin, Attn: Director of Human Resources,
9107 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sun City SummerlinLAS VEGAS, NV