NPA HOD of Student Services
The HOD of Student Services is directly responsible to for the administrative and programmatic oversight of student service activities at the National Power Academy (NPA).
- Responsible for the administrative and programmatic oversight and coordination of Admissions, Enrollment Services, Academic Records, Student Advising and Academic Support Services.
- Manages all aspects of the Student Information System (SIS) for the NPA.
- Directs the training and the workflow of the office and serves as lead manager for the day-to-day operations.
- Promote and market the NPA’s programs, including high school student recruitment and community outreach activities.
- Responsible for overseeing all facets of daily operations in the areas of registration, course and classroom scheduling, and enrollment reporting.
- Responsible for engaging in retention and advising strategies to facilitate success of students on academic warning, probation and reapplying for admission after academic suspension.
- Facilitate student concerns and grievances and handles student code of conduct violations.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of NPA policies and procedures as they relate to student services.
- Ensure compliance with the Colleges of Excellence and KSA policies, procedures, reporting, standards, etc.
- Assist in achieving and maintaining KSA and International accreditation.
- Develop and maintain community and professional networks within the KSA.
- Perform additional duties designated by the Dean to achieve success of programs and meet mission of the NPA.
- A strong personal commitment to the NPA’s mission and vision.
- Experience in operational planning, policy development, and outcome/assessment.
- Understanding of student discipline in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated success in working with students, faculty and staff regarding student conduct matters.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong facilitation and group leadership skills.
- A familiarity with and understanding of issues of diversity and inclusion, with knowledge of how those issues are particularly navigated in the KSA.
- Experience working with youth, schools, business, elected and government officials, industry, and/or community groups.
- Experience working in a leadership capacity with diverse groups.
- The ability to conceive, develop, and complete tasks without close supervision.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation, oral, and written communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient working knowledge of computer software programs (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite) and experience with navigating within a comprehensive student information system.
- Administration and work in the fields of education and/or organizational development.