Come, join a dynamic team doing work that makes a difference every day!
West Tuality Habitat for Humanity/Restore
We are looking for several part-time, temporary employees to assist in our ReStore operation (thrift store and recycling center) and our Repair Program (home repairs for low income, elderly, disabled, and veterans). Work is available immediately and will continue through September or October, depending on weather.
Duties: Your duties may consist of one or more of the following:
- Donation intake processing
- Warehouse stocking and pricing
- Prep and painting for residential housing – some 2nd-story work on scaffolding may be required
- Yard work, debris cleanup
- Furniture pickup and delivery, cleaning and repair
- Loading / driving the company vehicle (no CDL required)
- Other duties / tasks as may be determined
- You must be able to sit, stand, and walk for 8 hours
- You must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
- A valid drivers’ license and clean driving record are preferred, but not required
- Previous experience is preferred, not required.
- You must pass a criminal and sex-offender background check, and a drug test.
- Compliance with all company safety policies and procedures is a must.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, not required.
- Ability to work independently and communicate via text and email is a plus.
Hours of Work and Compensation:
- You will work part-time, usually between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30 pm,
- Days worked are Monday – Saturday. You will work up to 5 days each week. Schedules will vary from week to week.
- Hourly pay ranges from $13.25 / hour - $25.00 / hour depending on experience and job performance.
- Overtime (1.5 times the regular rate of pay) is paid for any hours in excess of 40 hours worked in a week.
- Sick pay is provided after 90 days’ of continuous employment.
- There are no paid holidays or other benefits.