SR. Assembly Technician
Location: 3509 Galvin Road, Centralia, WA 98531
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7AM – 3:30PM, additional days and hours as needed
Reports to: Production Manager
Expectation: Full-time, additional overtime as needed
Rogers Machinery Company is a leading manufacturer of industrial air compressors, vacuum pumps, blowers, and air systems. We are seeking a SR. Assembly Technician in Centralia reporting to the Production Manager. This individual will be an integral member of a world class assembly team in the Centralia Branch of Rogers Machinery Co., Inc.
PRIMARY DUTIES: Assemble and test industrial equipment from bare parts, in an industry-leading environment. This includes mechanical connections, supports, structures, and electrical control panels.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Read & interpret assembly drawings, P&ID’s and electrical schematics • Mechanical aptitude • Physically able • Work well independently/self-starter and with a team • Tool familiarity
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: • Assemble mechanical assemblies, such as air ends other compressed air system components.
• Inspects components for proper assembly, specifications, fit and finish before installing.
• Plans assembly and positions components according to knowledge of unit being assembled and through interpretation of engineering drawings, layout drawings or electrical schematics.
• Positions components with an overhead crane or manually to fasten parts together with bolts, screws, rivets, or other fasteners, using hand and portable powered tools, supplied.
• May remove small quantities of metal with hand files, scrapers, or machine tools to produce close fit between parts.
• Install tubing and fittings for oil lubrication/cooling systems at various height levels.
• May align couplings and subassemblies to gearbox or other components for a machined fit.
• Test completed assemblies for proper operation, temperature, vibration, and noise levels completing required test reports. Troubleshoot, repair, or replace faulty components during testing process.
• Work in conjunction with Team Lead to ensure assemblies meet design parameters
• Perform workstation and shop clean-up duties daily.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE Qualifications:
• Education: High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required. SKILLS
• Ability to apply electrical and mechanical principles
• Ability to recognize common mechanical and electrical components
• Must work well with others in a safe and self-directed manner
• Frequent use of hand tools.
Reading: Ability to read and interpret the following documents: operating and maintenance manuals, electrical schematics, blueprints, mechanical sketches.
Verbal: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees. Ability to discern what questions to ask when requirements are unclear.
Writing: Record readings (legibly) on report forms.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to measure and determine proper clearances and fit on various parts.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS • Exert force of 25 lbs. frequently and 50-100 lbs. occasionally. • Constant stooping, balancing, crouching, reaching, fingering, and feeling.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Noise intensity level is occasionally loud while testing machinery, hearing protection furnished.
Rogers MachineryPortland, OR