Braswell Memorial Public Library has an opening for a Part-time Information Services Associate.
POSITION SUMMARY: The incumbent in this position will be a member of the Information Services team. Under the supervision of the Department Manager, he or she will provide customer service including reference and computer help in the Information Services Department. This position will work two evenings per week and every other Saturday. Hours may change to meet the needs of the library.
- Answer patron reference questions in person, on the phone, through online chat reference, or via email
- Assist patrons with technology questions for library and patron owned devices
- Assist patrons with workforce readiness skills in the Job Resource Center
- Assist patrons with fax, scans, emails, copies, printing, etc.
- Schedule and monitor use of the study rooms
- Checkout laptop computers
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to promote customer service standards that exceed our patrons’ expectations
- Ability to implement library policies fairly and consistently within a framework of preference for positive patron outcomes
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of modern library operation
- Knowledge of non-fiction and reference resources
- Proficiency in utilizing current technology and office management software applications, including but not limited to: Internet, MS Word, Outlook, online databases; knowledge of Integrated Library System (ILS) software
- Ability to assist patrons with educational success and workforce development skills
- Ability to accept supervision in a courteous and proactive manner
Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. One to three years’ experience in library services is preferred. Spanish language skills are a plus.
As published in the Rocky Mount Telegram