The Illinois Counseling Association’s mission is to enhance the quality of life in society by promoting the development of professional counselors, advancing the counseling profession, and using the profession and practice of counseling to promote respect for human dignity and diversity.
The Illinois Counseling Association is a non-profit association located in DeKalb, Illinois. ICA is seeking a full-time employee. The Membership Coordinator will have multiple office responsibilities and will be cross trained in all office protocols. 35-40 hours a week. Flexible hours between Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. This is not a remote position. $14-$16 / hour plus benefits.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Serving counseling professionals in Illinois.
- Provide assistance to members and board of directors by telephone, email, and in-person at conferences and workshops.
- Maintain the Illinois Counseling Association membership database and website.
- Update and enter memberships.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail and prepare mailings to the membership.
- Maintain monthly membership lists and bank deposits.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, calendars and forms.
- Assist in planning for special events including the Annual Conference, board meetings, and other Association events.
- Cross training in all office protocols.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with various stakeholders, including staff, membership, and Board of Directors.
- Strong organizational skills paired with the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Outlook, and social media web platforms is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Schedule: Up to 35 hours a week
- Rate: Hourly, $14.00-$16.00 + benefits
- Location: DeKalb, IL
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to:
No phone calls
Rachel Banick, CMP
Subject line should read: (Applicant’s Name) Membership Coordinator