The Chattanooga Times Free Press is seeking a professional individual to join our business office.
The General Accounting Supervisor is a frontline supervisor for Accounts Payable, Circulation
Accounting and performs clerical duties. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate
publication of monthly financials and the accompanying compliance of all departments with daily
and weekly deadlines pursuant thereto. This position must know GAAP, company practices,
local, state, and federal laws, and general business practices to apply them to everyday situations.
In addition, this position must act as the Account Manager in the Account Manager's absence.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain qualified and competent staff in Accounts Payable and Circulation Accounting
- Oversee the entire Accounts Payable function, including auditing invoices for approval, account coding, sales tax, etc.
- Oversee the Circulation Accounting clerk and function.
- Close books and publish monthly financials.
- Analyze accounts to minimize errors, significant adjustments, and "surprises" and ensure the fair presentation and operations results of the company balance sheet.
- Handle any financial issue that arises.
- Communicate appropriate financial information and guide directors, supervisors, and employees as necessary.
- Perform system functions like Oracle file imports and ACH file exports.
- Auditing and finalizing Variance Reports
- Preparation of month end Journal Entries and other month end processes.
- Interact with the Corporate office on many financial matters and software.
- Daily cash receipts review and posting to GL.
- Bachelor's degree (prefer Accounting)
- 3 to 5 years of managerial and staff accounting experience
- Technical competence in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access Data Bases, and GUI type accounting packages
- Oracle experience a plus
We offer a competitive compensation plan and complete benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), and profit sharing. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer