Situated on 2,000 acres, Nemacolin Resort, located in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, features luxurious guestrooms, suites, townhomes, and luxury vacation homes, including the Falling Rock boutique hotel, a recipient of the AAA Five-Diamond Award and Forbes 5-Star rating.
We are seeking to fill a key position in our Conference and Catering Department. We are looking for an individual with a passion for conference services to include corporate and social events. This individual must possess strong attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
The candidate we are seeking will be responsible for managing sales group bookings to determine client needs in the preplanning phase, execution, and continued follow-up with a diverse group of resort clientele to exceed all guest and resort leadership expectations. The ability to successfully coordinate and oversee all assigned functions by working with and effectively communicating client needs with all departments in the resort is essential. S/he will also be responsible for achieving departmental and individual goals to be eligible for bonus compensation and be considered for advancement. The most important part of the job is achieving the highest quality of service for our guests both internal and external and remaining positive when faced with any adversity. The resort is committed to being the best in the world and the right candidate would be eager to be a part of something truly exceptional.
- Ensure accurate and detailed information is streamlined between Resort Events and all other Departments
- Work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing in strategizing all group related resort packages, and the assignment of meeting space
- Must be able to lead pre-cons and other guest-related meetings, and actively support the Resort
- Ensure all indoor meeting areas, including adjoining public space, is in good repair, clean, and appropriately maintained
- Annually establish/revise/review all non-food and beverage pricing structures to remain competitive and viable
- Create accurate and professional quality Group Resumes, Event Orders, Diagrams, and other communication forms as necessary
- Attend weekly and resort meetings
- Develop, implement and maintain accurate budgets and forecasts for all related departments
- Plan, develop, and coordinate all Special Events as required
- Attend any in-house seminars or training classes that may benefit this position
- Ability to constantly be observant of how to improve upon daily operations
- Experience with Delphi and Microsoft Office Software is preferred
- A degree or equivalent experience in Sales, Marketing, Catering or Conference Services, Resort Operations or related field is necessary
- Telephone, oral, and solicitation skills are required
- 3-10 years of experience in the same field is preferred
- Pleasant demeanor, poised, confident, detailed, professional, organized, and reliable.
- Be able to work flexible shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to speak English.
Why work for Nemacolin?
We need the Right People to drive our guest experience and continued success. And in return, we understand the importance of offering our associates competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in various departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin Woodlands Resort realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and the ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin Resort has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.