Supports the mission of the Library by providing technical support, and administration and maintenance of the department’s technology systems and equipment. Serves as the department’s primary contact for technology services and works closely with library staff in a collaborative effort to offer exemplary support. Performs public service duties and other work as required.
Required: High school diploma or G.E.D.
Preferred: Associates/technical degree, or Bachelor’s degree in related field, or MLS or related degree, or coursework in Library Science.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Subject to a complete criminal history background search with acceptable results. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.
Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
• Progressive Flexible Leave Plan with cash-in option
• Twelve paid holidays
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts - Medical and Dependent Care
• Virginia Retirement System - Membership in VRS is automatic upon hire into a covered position. County contributes and employees pay their membership contribution.
• Deferred Compensation Plan with County Match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Credit Union Membership
Roanoke CountyRoanoke, VA