Health Care for the Homeless Network (HCHN) contracts with 17+ community-based agencies to provide medical, mental health, substance use disorder, and case management services to vulnerable homeless individuals and families in Seattle and King County. Services are provided in shelters, day centers, on the street, and in other locations where homeless people congregate. HCHN also operates the Mobile Medical Program, with 3 field-based teams providing health care to people experiencing homelessness. We are looking for the Mobile Medical Program Administrative Lead, an Administrative Specialist III position, to join our dynamic team.
This position is responsible for administrative support for the Mobile Medical Program which consists of field-based medical teams. This position will report to the Mobile Medical Operations Manager.
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
King County Executive Branch employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate for the position you applied for, the County will send you a conditional offer letter.
As a condition of employment, prior to a final offer of employment, you will be required to:
People are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the final dose of a vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- submit proof of vaccination, or
- have an approved request for medical or religious exemption and an approved accommodation. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
The Executive Branch includes employees in the Executive branch, the Assessor's Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff's Office, and the Executive Office.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact the recruiter listed on this job announcement.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications will be reviewed after the job posting closes. The following items are required to be considered for this vacancy:
Your application may be rejected as incomplete if you if you do not include the standard information in the application, include relevant information only on the resume or cover letter, or if you reference "see resume" on your application. You must completely fill out the application with your relevant education and work experience.
- NEOGOV/Government Jobs on-line or paper application
- Cover letter which details how you meet or exceed the qualifications
- Supplemental Questions
WHO MAY APPLY: These positions are open to all qualified applicants.
WORK SCHEDULE: The normal work week is Monday through Friday, 8 am – 5 pm with some need to work outside those hours. The positions are subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and are overtime eligible.
WORK LOCATION: The position will work onsite half time and remote the other half, during and after the telecommuting period. The onsite location is primarily in downtown Seattle, Chinook Building, 401 5th Avenue, Suite 1000, Seattle, WA, 98104, and other Public Health or contractor locations as needed.
Union: Positions in this classification are represented by the Protec 17.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a thorough background investigation.
- This selection process may include but is not limited to: evaluation of application materials and supplemental questions, testing and interviewing. For more information on our selection process, please refer to http://www.kingcounty.gov/jobs/applying.aspx
- Public Health relies on office automation (Microsoft Office) and web-based enabled tools, therefore candidates must be proficient and comfortable with computer use to perform functions associated with on-going work.
- Employees are required to adhere to OSHA/WISHA guidelines including but not limited to completing their mandatory trainings on time and obtaining required immunizations.
- Regular and reliable attendance, effective communication skills, and development of effective working relationships are requirements of all Public Health positions.
- Employees are required to protect the privacy and security of protected health information as defined in State and Federal Law.
Contact: If you have questions regarding the position, please contact . If you have questions about the application process, please contact