Tulane Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse Neuro ICU Days position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
Tulane Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Tulane Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Registered Nurse is a professional nurse who assumes responsibility and accountability for the delivery and management of patient care. S/he utilizes the nursing process, the healthcare environment, and current technology to provide a climate which optimizes patient care and staff development.
What you will do in this role:
- Assesses patient thoroughly and accurately; assesses patient, family, significant other for educational needs about disease process and treatment; identifies appropriate methods of assessment related to age group; understands normal ranges of physiological standards for age group.
- Documents patient assessment, medication administration, changes in patient’s condition, teaching, level of response and method(s) used within unit/department-specific guidelines.
- Individualizes plan of care related to patient diagnosis/condition and age group. Participates in interdisciplinary/discharge planning, including any educational needs into plan of care.
- Implements plan of care, performs ongoing assessments and revises plan of care based on assessment and/or changes in patient condition; involves patient in treatment plans and utilizes equipment required for treatment/procedures appropriate to age group; requests consults as needed; educates patient, family or significant other about disease process and treatment.
- Evaluates the effects of any interventions and adjusts care accordingly; performs systematic and ongoing assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness of instruction/teaching with patient, family or significant other.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective delegation as governed by the LA State Board of Nursing and policies of TUHC.
- Utilizes time during work hours to maintain safe, clean work environment, help others with patient care, participate in QC checks of equipment, minimum end of shift overtime recorded, participates in PI monitoring; demonstrates prudent use of supplies/equipment.
- Completes all mandatory, regulatory, hospital and unit-based requirements for position by due date; attends 75% of scheduled staff meetings; participates in unit based, department based, or hospital based committees.
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Active Registered Nurse license in the State of Louisiana, or an active compact license in another state
- Associate Degree, or Registered Nurse Diploma must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Tulane Medical Center is a 235+ bed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 World’s Best Hospitals found in the United States. We were the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list. At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. We are equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse Neuro ICU Days opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.