Provides for the safety of students, faculty and staff and the security of college buildings and property by preserving law and order and enforcing regulations.
Characteristics, Duties, and Responsibilities
· Controls traffic including issuing traffic citations for parking violation to insure smooth flow of traffic.
· Patrols campus by vehicle and foot patrol to insure security of college lots, buildings and property.
· Provides directions and assistance to campus visitors.
· Assists in evacuations during fire, bomb threats or other emergencies.
· Prepares accident reports documentation details.
· Reports traffic, safety and/or security infractions to proper authorities.
· Operates two way radio as needed.
· Provides emergency first aid and C.P.R. in the event of injury.
· Performs all duties assigned by supervisor.
High School graduate or
Six months experience providing security service in an industrial, academic or service-oriented environment.
Competencies and Skills Required
· Must have and maintain a valid NJ driver’s license.
· Good knowledge of college rules and regulations.
· Good knowledge of campus building locations.
· Knowledge of police report writing.
· Knowledge of traffic control procedures.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to follow detailed oral or written instructions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee is required to walk and sit for extended periods and is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions; including but not limited to, heat, cold, humidity, rain, and direct sunlight. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· The employee may be exposed to stressful or potentially dangerous situations or incidents.
· The employee may be required to work at any College campus, center, or offsite function, as needed.
The employee must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
Union County CollegeCranford, NJ