SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Compliance Coordinator/Safety Officer today with Tulane Medical Center.
At Tulane Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Compliance Coord/Safety Officer like you to be a part of our team.
The Compliance Coordinator maintains all documentation necessary for Joint Commission Life Safety and Environment of Care compliance and assists the Facilities leadership in maintaining continuous Joint Commission readiness. Compliance Coordinator organizes and directs office services and operations of the Facilities and Engineering Departments; updates and maintains computer databases of all building equipment regarding preventative and corrective maintenance. Prepares, retains record files and reports in accordance with department standards and regulatory agency guidelines. Performs secretarial duties that may require considerable experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices. Resolves routine inquiries. Operates a personal computer and appropriate software (e.g. TMA) at an advanced level. Oversees office and department supply inventory/ordering, room utilization, and audio/video equipment utilization. Assists in the completion of department assignments. Keeps track of department budget and expenses. Ensures that the organization is in compliance with standards of regulatory agencies (e.g., Joint Commission, Department of Health and Hospitals, Office of State Fire Marshal, etc.). Performs all other duties as assigned.
About this unit:
- The culture throughout the entire hospital is team and patient focused.
- Everyone on the team are motivated and leadership is committed to mentoring through career mapping for educational and personal success.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority.
- Organizes and directs office services and operations.
- Monitor Life Safety compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies (i.e. TJC, QRS).
- Prepares, organizes and files records, files and reports of department activities.
- Processes purchase orders, service repairs, storeroom receipts, vendor/contract services, and receipts.
- Schedules and coordinates vendors for outside services.
- Classifies, records, and processes purchase orders, service repairs, storeroom receipts, vendor/contract services, bills and receipts for the Director.
- Establishes and maintains filing system.
- Processes, drafts responses and distributes incoming and outgoing departmental correspondence for the Director.
- Collects all bills from vendors on a monthly basis, maintains a record of all department issued job numbers, and submits accruals to Finance/Accounting on a monthly basis.
- Monitors and prints reports from the work order system.
- Maintain documentation of and attend Environment of Care Rounds
- Maintaining inventory and ordering of all departmental supplies
- Ensures that all Joint Commission guidelines for the Physical Environment of Care standards at the hospitals remain compliant. This includes annual review and completion of the Periodic Performance Review (PPR).
- Coordinates activities of the management plans within the Environment of Care for the hospital and serves as the Safety Officer.
- Provides guidance and support to the Director of Facility Services regarding safety improvement efforts.
- Ensures safety and facility quality control is in compliance with local, federal, state regulations and provide consultations. This includes coordination with the Facility Director to ensure the hospital statement of conditions (E-SOC) is continually updated.
- Participates in hospital committees as required by the Director of Facility Services. This includes community involvement regarding emergency preparedness and serve as consultant to other departments.
- Reviews and update policies regarding Life Safety, Emergency Management and Environment of Care.
- Participates in performance improvement and information management activities. Participate with a multidisciplinary team to conduct ongoing safety tours of clinical and nonclinical areas.
- Assists in the enforcement of interim life safety plans and infection control risk assessments.
- Oversees all on-site inspections, assisting inspectors and surveyors in the performance of their duties; provides reports as required in follow-up to surveys, inspections and audits.
- Maintains professional affiliations, attend as approved, outside conferences, seminars, etc. and confers with other plant services directors.
- Assist with Coordination of Construction Projects, meetings, scheduling, and related documentation.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: N/A
- Education: Bachelor of Healthcare Administration or other healthcare related discipline preferred.
- Experience: Extensive knowledge of Life Safety and Environment of Care related Joint Commission standards. Experience in healthcare safety and security preferred. Must have experience with healthcare related regulatory compliance. Minimum of 3 years in Hospital Facilities administrative position or similar position.
- Special qualifications: Must complete a Hospital Safety Training or Education course within one year.
- Work schedule: Full-time - Monday-Friday - Day shift
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Compliance Coordinator/Safety Officer like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.