We are seeking to fill a key position in our security department that will maintain a safe and secure environment for guests and associates by patrolling and monitoring the resort property, as well as controlling and operating the central communication system.
- Guards property and personnel against theft, vandalism and illegal activities
- Maintain EMT supplies and inventory of supplies
- Manage CPR/Training/First Aid program of the Security team
- Respond to all calls for service for illness/accidents/injury
- Provide appropriate care for any patients prior to EMS response
- Coordinate with EMS/FD to arrange any further EMS needs.
- Be the point of contact for Security leadership and Resort leadership regarding the EMT program.
- Stay current with training and attend trainings on emerging issues.
- During any down time, the EMT will assist in restocking first aid supplies throughout the resort and making general rounds supporting divisions where there may be large groups. (Ski, Field Club, Activities, Pools, Golf).
- Patrols buildings and grounds of the resort; examines doors, windows and gates to determine that they are secure;
- Warns violators of rules infractions, such as loitering, smoking, carrying forbidden articles
- Answering phone calls and dispatching Security officers/Engineering personnel.
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property
- Records data with regard to accidents/incidents and conducts investigations
- Utilizes electronic patrol devices as instituted by Security Department management
- Follow established procedures for handling emergencies.
- Package and ship lost and found articles.
- Monitor drop safe procedures
- Fire/hazard detection and prevention
- Fostering good public relations with guests
- Accident prevention/First Aid/CPR
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High School graduate
- Schedule must be flexible to accommodate groups and activities at the resort
- Previous Security experience is preferred
- Previous Firefighting experience is preferred
- PA Act 235 Certified
- First Aid / CPR Certified
- Good written and verbal communication skills, good organizational skills, ability to work in a stressful environment
- Must be able to speak English.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to work varying shifts including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to provide all current documentation of certifications.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
Associate Referral Program
- $1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).