The minimum salary is $63,687.52 Annually
This is an exempt position not eligible for overtime
Pay Grade 525
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, October 28, 2020
The purpose of this classification is to manage and oversee skilled trades work group, including electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and plumbing along with selected grounds maintenance districts within the Division of Parks and Recreation. This classification works under general supervision according to set procedures, but determine how or when to complete tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in construction management, building management; grounds management or a related field and minimum of (4) four years of experience in facility management, construction and/or maintenance within skilled trades field; or park maintenance; where at last two (2) of those years are in a management or supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
A Valid Driver's Licensce
Plans, coordinates, directs and monitors activities for assigned program area and reports status to staff, Directors, other divisions, Council, and other agencies and citizens
• Prepares, administers and monitors program budget; projects program costs and other budgetary considerations; procures equipment, materials and supplies.
• Evaluates effectiveness of operations through observations and consultations, and implements recommended changes as necessary; implements and coordinates new services
• Initiates and guides short- and long-term plans for assigned area
• Directs and supervises assigned personnel; trains and evaluates staff; and participates in supervisory personnel selection, development, and assignments
• Responds to public inquires, concerns and complaints to resolve problems and improve services; maintains good public relations with the public
• Represents the division at various internal and external meetings and coordinates with other divisions, departments, and outside agencies on various projects, as needed.
• Performs supervisory and administrative tasks (i.e. payroll and leave requests); reviews and approves bids and/or permits; drafts policies and procedures; and, performs inspections and enforces rules
*Subject to call-back duty.
* Must be able to operate Urban County Government equipment and vehicles in a safe, prudent and responsible manner.
* All positions require drug testing before employment and may require a post-job offer physical as stated in Ordinances 21-14(b), 22-13 and 23-16.
* Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 and to sections 21-52, 22-34 and 23-50 of the Code of Ordinances, all employees must remain drug and alcohol free when reporting to work, while at work and while engaged in any work related activities.
* Based on Federal Regulations 19-10 this position may be eligible for and offered the hepatitis vaccinations. In addition, employees will be required to sign a statement stating they have accepted or declined the hepatitis vaccination.
EXAMINATION will be a training and experience evaluation from information provided on the application at the filing deadline date.
Submit LFUCG electronic application through www.lexingtonky.gov/jobs and attach/upload applicable documents to verify your education, training, certification/license(s), or DD214 (for military preference with appropriate discharge) by filing deadline date.
RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE APPLICATION , but may be electronically attached/uploaded to the application.
Please note that the section titled "Application Questionnaire" has to be completed every time a new or revised application is submitted. Even if other information is pre-filled, the Questionnaire does not transfer.
***APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO COMPLETE THE ELECTRONIC APPLICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER***
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government offers an outstanding benefits package, i.e. voluntary benefits spending account program; three weeks vacation and three weeks sick leave per year. Direct deposit is required of all employees.
Applicants must be able to perform all essential job functions, as identified in the job posting. All positions require drug testing before employment and may require a pre-employment physical.
All applicants on previous eligibility lists for this classification must reapply in order to compete for this and future vacancies which may occur while this eligibility list is in effect.
The LFUCG is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and as such is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay and other aspects of employment
Lexington Fayette Urban Co GovernmentLEXINGTON, KY