What you'll do:
The Benefits Analyst provides support for administration and management of retirement and health and welfare benefit programs. The role is responsible for plan interpretation, and guidance for employees, HR staff, and people managers. The position's primary functions are to research, analyze, administer, and evaluate our benefit plans. The Benefits Analyst keeps up-to-date on legislative and regulatory changes related to ERISA, HIPAA, and other areas of benefit plan compliance. The Benefit Analyst is a remote hybrid position. Benefits
Working in the Human Resources Department reporting to the Director, Benefits, the Benefits Analyst will be responsible for the following primary duties:
What you'll need:
- Supports administration of benefit plans including compliance testing, annual enrollment, and reporting for medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, disability, HSA, wellness, and 401k/pension plans
- Collaborates with external and internal stakeholders (carriers, HR, finance, IT, payroll, etc) to ensure proper operation of the plans
- Manages open enrollment cycle by collaborating with external and internal partners to ensure: plan changes are updated and tested in the benefits systems, communication assets are developed and made available to employees, completion of required mailings, scheduling of employee meetings, other duties as assigned
- Works to drive positive employee experience by collaborating with HR, legal, and corporate communications to ensure clear communication and education of plan details/ plan changes as well as escalating and resolving employee issues in a timely manner.
- Develops and presents employee education materials related to new hire orientation, open enrollment, and other benefit initiatives
- Engages with vendor partners to oversee accurate and cost-effective delivery of services, maintain plan operation in compliance with plan documents, and resolution of employee concerns
- Coordinates with benefits administration partners on employee eligibility, enrollment, processing qualifying event changes, new hire onboarding, and other participant administrative issues.
- Assists with annual 401(k) and retirement plan audit work. Works with external auditor and other partners to complete work for purposes of issuing plan financial statements of timely regulatory filings
- Works to ensure successful completion of all annual compliance activities including but not limited to: 401(k) plan non-discrimination testing, 5500 filings, CMS filings, ACA filings, and state and local leave laws where applicable.
- Assists in analysis to determine metrics for health and wellness program success
- Assists with leave administration and invoicing, as needed
(Required to perform this role)
Preferred Skills/additional Success Factors
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel data manipulation tools like pivot tables, and lookup functions
Why Join Us?
- Experience in: HRIS Systems (Ceridian Dayforce is a plus but not required).
- Experience in: Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Strong knowledge of: health and welfare programs including healthcare, life, disability, leave, and wellness
- Strong knowledge of: retirement plans, including 401(k), defined benefit pension, and non-qualified plan approaches
- Basic Understanding of: Federal and state regulations including but not limited to: ACA, FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA
- Working knowledge of: Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Ability to: Compile, analyze, and interpret plan data
- Ability to: Manage outside vendors
- Ability to: Work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to: Provide customer service to employees at all levels by meeting the employee on their terms
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.