The Operations Manager is responsible for management of the distribution process, staff, facilities, and equipment to ensure consistent and efficient delivery of products to homes, point of sale locations, or other locations where product is accessed by the reader. This position reports to the Regional Operations Manager Position Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Manage distribution process to provide consistent, timely and efficient delivery with results measured by reported service concerns per thousand deliveries.
- Oversight for district manager team including selection, training, scheduling, goals, and performance management.
- Recruitment programs for delivery agents.
- Utilize circulation system software as well as available third party mapping software to assist district managers in yield analysis at the route level and identify routes with exceptionally high or low yields. At the direction of the Division Director, address exceptions through changes in route structure (optimization), contractor rate negotiation, targeted sales campaigns to improve penetration, or changes in contractor delivery frequency.
- At intervals aligned with carrier billing, review rates and contractor recurring and miscellaneous financial adjustments. Confirm rates and adjustments are aligned with contractor distribution agreements. To the extent of the authority provided by the Audience Development Director or Controller, approve adjustments and/or manage rate changes in the circulation system.
- If applicable, provide oversight for efficient and safe operation of off-site distribution centers including facilities and equipment.
- Comply with all company policies, as well as State and Federal laws that apply to transportation, facilities management, relations with independent contractors and reporting employees. .
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or department manager.
Why Join Us?
- High school education or GED.
- PC skills including word processing, Intermediate spreadsheet skills (MS Excel), and the ability to use proprietary circulation system for analysis, inspection, and forecasting.
- Understanding and ability to apply high school level math, algebra, and accounting in the management of enterprise resources, route or truck run analysis and forecasting.
- Written and verbal skills resulting in effective and productive communication with employees, vendors, consumers, and contractors, if applicable.
- Critical thinking skills that result in efficient use of resources, contingency planning, and leveraging opportunities.
- Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance.
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.