STRONGARM Designs provides the ideal HMI solution to the healthcare, bio-pharmaceutical, food, and other industries. We are diligently seeking to hire a candidate for shop Supervisor in our metal fabrication department. This department provides solutions and fabricated parts to support our entire line of products including CleanMount, Vertica, Mobile Stations, and Suite-Stations.
Join a team and company with endless innovative visions in a rapidly growing, leading industry!
Supervise Machine Operator personnel in a sheet metal manufacturing environment. Oversee manufacturing areas including laser cutting, CNC machining, press-brake, TIG welding, and finishing operations. The supervisor’s role will include communication and coordination between these areas and with the Quality and Engineering Departments. Reports directly to Manufacturing Manager
- Knowledge of the different types of metal used at Strongarm (carbon steel, stainless-steel, aluminum)
- Knowledge of sheet metal gauges
- Knowledge of machine operation
- Strong ability to communicate and mediate effectively; both written and orally
- Ability to read prints
- Strong ability to use measurement equipment, calipers, etc.
- Problem-solving skills a must
- Able to stand, bend, lift, and/or walk for 2+ hours at a time
- Instruct employees on procedures, practices, and standards regarding employee guidelines, safety procedures, quality procedures, continuous improvement, verbal and written instructions, schedules, and other STRONGARM operating practices and company initiatives.
- Continually review and ensure that procedures, practices, and standards are being followed.
- Liaison and practice a high-level of collaboration with Engineering and Quality Departments to ensure high quality standards and provide feedback for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Disciplinary actions regarding company policies and operating procedures.
- Assisting in scheduling of employees.
- Assisting in ensuring the production schedule is being met.
- Assisting in scheduling the training and cross-training of personnel.
- Report inoperable equipment to manufacturing manager by filling out completely a machine repair form.
- Ensure equipment maintenance is completed as required and that maintenance logbooks are filled out.
- Spot check production parts as needed. Focus should generally be on parts that are consistently challenging
- Assist in the review and problem-solving of Non-Conforming Materials Reports (NCMRs) generated by personnel
- Assist in generating Engineering Change Request forms (ECRs)
- Ensure that parts received from other areas should be checked prior to continuing work.
- Communicate and problem solve quality and operating discrepancies with the Manufacturing Manager, Engineering, and Quality.
BENEFITS CRAFTED FOR YOU:
- $20-$24/hr. competitive compensation based on experience and certification
- PTO (including sick and personal days)
- 401K, Health insurance, vision, dental
- STRONGARM swag
- Biyearly bonuses & yearly raises based on performance reviews
- 25 ₵ coke machine
STRONGARM Designs is looking for high-energy, mechanically inclined individuals with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. We at STRONGARM are committed to continuous improvement and seek driven candidates who wish to grow and develop professionally.